Monday, April 16, 2012

Revamp Success.....

Well I have to say I love white washing furniture!! Revamping Chris' bedside table took me a little longer than I planned as I left Sunday afternoon open so we could take the girls out for ice cream and a swim at the beach. Once they were in bed though I got started on the first coat of paint (I did all the sanding Saturday afternoon) which I have to admit as I started the white washing process I was a little apprehensive and thinking to myself, 'hmmm not sure if I'm going to like this after all..' but as I persisted and kept going it just kept getting better. So now I have a real love of white washing and I can't wait to get started on my bedside table and revamp that too...


Saturday afternoon, completely sanded and waiting to be painted.


Sunday evening, first coat on. I decided to wait until today to do the second coat as the light inside wasn't too great after a certain point.


This morning with the second coat applied....just sitting around drying.


Front view and completely finished...yey!!


Top view and I love this fabric....


Back home on Chris' side of the bed..


Looking oh so French and Coastal...


Ahh I'm so in love with this piece of furniture now....

Ok so I know this is a lot of photos for one bedside table but I'm just so happy with the way it turned out that I think the rest of the house better watch out because you never know when I'll be by with a paint brush...

So what do you all think....do you love white wash as much as I do??

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! You have done a fabulous job and yes I love white washing too. The fabric is fabulous was it on Ebay? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nellie, I can now see why you and everyone else loves whitewash...it's safe to say I'm converted and can't wait to get my hands on some more projects.....I did get the fabric off ebay Nellie....I just did a search on French fabric and this is what I found....as soon as I saw it I loved it...xox

    ReplyDelete