Saturday, May 12, 2012

Home Sweet Home....Part 1...

Bonjour Home, Love and Life friends....Well after an extremely busy week moving house I can finally tell you all about it. As most of you know we moved last Saturday and into Sunday, Monday, Tuesday....you get the idea...we have been going all week. Saturday we had help from one of Chris' work mates but other than that it has been just the two of us moving everything across town by the trailer load and unpacking non stop, in fact I'm still unpacking but am just taking some time out to catch up with all of you and see how you all are.

I have to say I'm loving the house and the more I get put away and the house comes together I'm loving it even more. As some of you may remember from an earlier post A Maddening Start To The Week.. I was talking (complaining hehe) about not being able to find anywhere to rent and how the rents were much cheaper over east and that was for properties with lots of room to move due to being on acres of land and how I'd always longed for space. Well believe it or not we managed to get pretty close to what we wanted, we're still in town but our house is on a 1019sqm block (Chris is glad he doesn't have to mow the lawns as it's included in the rent lol), it's an older house, (which those of you who know me know I love older houses,)  it has a small but lovely front veranda and decking out the back, we're only three streets back from the beach and we are very close to town.

Taken yesterday morning on our way back from our walk to the beach

My quaint little veranda...anyone for coffee here..?

The back of the house..love the decking...bbq's here for sure..

Side garden bed...there's my bench seat from the old house under the tree

Lots of trees, it's very shady in the afternoon...

Mine and Chris' new room...

Bec's new room...

Eva's new room...

The new bathroom....I actually like the blue and white scheme..

The new kitchen..I've had to work wonders in here with less than half the storage space than the old house..

The first dinner cooked on the new stove was Chow Mein and everyone loved it...

We've been so busy that this has been the first chance I've had to get on the computer, especially being I didn't have any internet access until Wednesday. And now it's Saturday and we've been here a week already and we've picked Eva up and are still getting the last of the unpacking done. As you can see I still need to put some more pics of the house up as the dining area still has boxes in it, the lounge isn't setup properly yet and we have an awesome sleep out I want to show you all. So they will come in a part 2 post very soon. Take care and have a great weekend....time for me to get back to work and do one final trip to the old house to get my rose bushes, bbq and pots that we couldn't get during the week. Au revoir mon amis..xo..

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are moving along nicely....house looks great, can't wait to see it....must be the year for moving because Mel should be moving in a month or so....she looking at Warwick/Greenwood area as its only 4 train stops for Bek to get to Fremantle for school.....Mrs Munchkins seems to be doing okay, Mel said she 'commando' crawl everywhere...

    Hot up here last two days...if you want to know more you'll have to check out my blog.....lol

    I need your help as well.....explain later....

    Mum ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum....got your message about blog will see what I can do tonight....been unpacking still but should be able to get the last of it done today....xo

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I like your house and blue tub is my favorite. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisa...I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but it's grown on me and I'm loving the whole scheme in the bathroom....xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Michelle, glad your back online, liking the new house and the backyard looks huge and to be so close to beach well lucky you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caz....I have to admit I was going a little mad being offline as it's my only 'time out' thing I do when the house is quiet....still busy unpacking but almost done now....the backyard is huge and I love being this close to the beach....how's things at Gorgie?? xo

      Delete
  4. Love it Michelle, you have done so much in the week. I can imagine you must be exhausted. Did you have a nice weekend? I am not sure where my day has gone today but it is time for dinner and then a meeting. Will catch up soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nellie....the weekend went by quick this week so I'm hoping next weekend will be a little more relaxing now we're almost finished unpacking...looking forward to getting outdoors for a few hours come Saturday.....xo

      Delete
  5. Hi Michelle your new home is lovely and so close to the beach ! Well done can't wait to see more xx Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris...thanks I'm loving the house too and organising it how I want it...I will be glad when I don't have to look at another box though :) How's things at Avondale going??xo

      Delete