Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Blog Move, New Soft Furnishings & Double Choc Chip Muffins...

Oh I am so late with today's post it's not funny....every time I tried to get it done something would come along and stop me but now at the end of the day I finally have some time to sit and tell you all about what's been going on.

Well firstly I am contemplating moving my blog to wordpress as I keep hearing it has so many more features than blogger and you can get more traffic through your site with wordpress. So I have set up my blog over there and I would love to know what you all think of it....so click on the link below and check it out.....I'm still learning my way around wordpress and it feels awfully strange to me but like anything new it's going to take some time to get used to it.

http://homelovelifeasiliveit.wordpress.com/


This week I've also added some new lovely soft furnishing to the house in my slow move over to a white scheme (remember I'm doing this slowly as Chris thinks I'm nuts for wanting white anywhere in the house.) First up we have my lovely new cushion which admittedly isn't white but a linen colour but with white on it....as soon as I saw it I knew it was the right cushion for the couch..

I don't usually go for birds at all with decorating but I loved this cushion I think mostly because they're silhouettes.... 

 As soon as I saw this doona cover I loved it...

 I love the way white and linen work so well together

We get good sunlight during the day....

So what do you think of my doona and cushion finds??....there will be more cushions to come as I love having plenty of plush things on the couch and lots of pillows on the bed.....they just make things so much more comfy.

Now I know I promised some mixed berry muffins but I had a request from both Chris and Luke for Double Choc Chip Muffins instead.....so they won and the mixed berry ones will be coming soon....Now this recipe I found by googling the recipe and while they turned out well they weren't quite what I was after....I was after that real double choc chip muffin you find in all the cafe's so I think I'll be doing a bit more looking or even tweaking the recipe myself to see if I can get it just a little better.....however they are good and a very easy recipe to follow....so here it is...

Double Choc Chip Muffins made yesterday...

Double Choc Chip Muffins...


2 eggs
1/2 cup oil (125ml)
1 cup milk (240ml)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups plain flour (240g)
1/2 cup sugar (85g)
1/4 cup cocoa (35g)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (85g)
Extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top (if desired)

Preheat oven to 200 C and prepare muffin pan by greasing or fill with paper liners. A nonstick pan requires no greasing, although I like to just grease the bottoms. 

In large bowl mix well the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla. 

In smaller bowl mix well the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. 

Combine wet and dry mixtures and fold together gently until just mixed. Spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle choc chips of top of each. 

Bake at 200C for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
Well I hope you all enjoy these as much as you have the Lemon Meringue Pie and Sticky Date Pudding....If you do try them please let me know how you go and how they turn out......

Well I'm off for tonight but will be back tomorrow with some more news but just before I go I thought I'd share these....

My wonderful hubby bought these home for me tonight...

Take care and Au revoir for now....xo


4 comments:

  1. Hey! Nice bedlinen :) I'll have to pop over and see your blog at wordpress too. I'm considering making the move as well.
    Night!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cas...I'm so loving the move over to white...I never would have considered it years ago as I can barely wear a white t-shirt and keep it clean hehehe....I'm just a grub......it seems everyone is considering moving to wordpress.....I'll be trying a post there later today.....xo

      Delete
  2. You home is looking so lovely Michelle and the roses are beautiful. What a lovely hubby you have :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweety I'm loving the transition and can't wait for the couches to come....and yes Chris is a very good hubby even if he does watch lots of sports which I have to suffer through...hehehe.....

      Delete