Thursday, March 8, 2012

Super Fresh And Completely Forgotten About...

This morning I was rushing around the house trying to get jobs out of the way and I was thinking about the fact I needed to catch up on the laundry. Then I stopped dead in my tracks and thought 'where are all our towels and bathers from the beach Monday? I know I washed them...' and then it hit me, I did wash them, Monday afternoon and pegged them out Monday evening.....and guess where they still were.....yep, you guessed it, they were still out on the line. So to make sure I wasn't going crazy I went to check and sure enough blowing in the beautiful morning breeze with the sun shining on them there were our towels, bathers and a few extra bits.


Fresh forgotten washing.

I have been so side tracked the last couple of days I can't believe I completely forgot I pegged the washing out let alone forgetting I even washed it.


Blowing in the morning breeze and the bright sunshine.

It really was a beautiful morning today and it has stayed that way all day, in fact it has been this way all week. This is why I love Autumn, beautiful weather you can still go to the beach to swim and glorious days like today to peg out the washing and get that super fresh air smell in your clothes and linen. Gotta love sunshine and fresh air.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    Your Autumn sounds heavenly! Autumn is actually my favorite time of year, though Spring comes in second. Here in the South we usually have scorching Summers, so they can be a bit uncomfortable. Old Man Winter didn't visit at all this year! LOLOL!

    My mother hung all the laundry outdoors when I was growing up. The sheets smelled so good. Unfortunately, I'm close enough to an urban area with pollution, so the laundry can't go outdoors.

    Your part of Australia seems to have it all! Have a blessed day, and thanks for stopping by.

    :)Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn

      Yes Autumn is beautiful here though summer has made a last ditch attempt to stay this week as we have had temperatures on over 37 degrees celcius for the last four days.

      My Mum always pegged the washing on the line too, she rarely used her dryer, only when it was so wet you couldn't go outdoors. I guess I'm just taking after her and I do love that fresh air smell in the washing. It might sound a little strange but when I'm folding laundry I love to breathe in deeply the smell of the fresh air in the towels/sheets. It's a pity you can't put your laundry on the line, where in the South are you?

      My part of Australia does have it all Marilyn and we are very lucky and blessed to live where we do, I wouldn't want to ever live in the city again, country life is just too good and I love the beach too much to give it up.. :-)

      Delete
  2. Like the autumn leaves now on the blog. Very arty farty of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so....hehe...I love Autumn but boy the mornings are getting cool..

      Delete