Friday, December 7, 2012

A Baby Update.....

Bonjour mon amis, today we have a bit of an update for you on bub. As most of you know I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes a week ago and due to this my doctor wanted to do another scan on bub to make sure he was doing well and the diabetes wasn't making him get too big too soon.
 
As it turns out all is well and he's doing very well. He's normal length, weight and has a good strong heart beat, so there's nothing to worry about there. As it turns out he's weighing in at 2k's or 4.4lb already and his head circumference is 30cm!!! I knew he was going to be biggish....I'm hoping he'll stop at around 3.3k's or 7lb 60z which is what James was, still painful but a lot easier than 4.8k's or 9lb 6oz like Luke. As long as he continues to be healthy I'm happy.
 
There was one interesting development though, because of his weight, length, head circumference and other measurements it actually puts me at 33weeks this Sunday not 31weeks.....I have no idea how this has happened when I'm positive of my dates but apparently I'm two weeks further along than originally thought, so now I have a new due date which is now February 2 2013 not February 10 2013...it's only eight days but we'll see. I said to Chris if he's anything like his brothers and sister he'll be late and turn up on the 10th Feb anyway.
 
His chubby little face...and sleeping just like his daddy...
 
So it turns out our little man will be here anywhere between the next 3-7weeks. Why three you ask? Because doctors consider any time after 36 weeks to be full term. Now I'm really glad I got my case packed the other day, I must have known something. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor on Monday and then a book in appointment at the hospital on Thursday next week so I will make sure to keep you all up to date and thank you all so much for your support.
 
Packed and ready to go, just a couple more things to pick up Monday.
 
Well I'm off to go spend some time with my hubby who's home early from work for once so I will talk to you all soon, take care and have a great weekend....xo
 
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment