Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Taste Of Summer Heat....

So this is where I'd love to be sitting today...with a Pina Colada...
 
Or having a swim here....I have a thing for lakes...
 
Or an evening stroll here....
 
In case you hadn't noticed I have summer on the brain today and that's probably because it's been a warm 30 degrees here in Busselton....And yes I know some of you may be think 30 is not that warm... but when it comes out of no where it sure is.....only a couple of weeks ago we were still getting rain and cold mornings, now it feels as if it's 40!! well to me it does....and I think it's going to be a long hot summer until this baby is born, so I could be spending ridiculous amounts of time at the beach keeping cool. I hate being overheated even when I'm not pregnant and if today is anything to go by it's going to be a nightmare keeping cool......thank goodness we live on top of the beach and get an early sea breeze...
 
I actually really love summer (apart from the extreme heat) and being down the beach and the feeling of the cool water on hot skin. Mostly it takes me back to my childhood and memories of the whole family being at the beach together and my Pop telling us to have fun but don't get too silly screaming in the water because the lifeguards might think we're in trouble.....I was always the first one in and the last one out, I still am the last one out of the water even now....I even out do the kids.
 
Chris and I spent a lovely couple of hours down the beach on the weekend and it was so nice just enjoying that time together alone....I'm also looking forward to going down to Meelup as it's one of my most favourite beaches ever.
 
Bec, Chris and me at Meelup in January this year....Will be quite a few trips there before the little man comes along....
 
I hope you're all having a lovely day where ever you may be and are enjoying the weather....I'm off to get Bec from Bumble Bee so I'll talk to you all soon....take care and Au revoir for now.....xo
 
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I love some too Michelle, but when it gets really humid I just go feral lol! Lovely images :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cas I know just what you mean about the humidity....i would love to go to Bali but just don't think I would handle that humidity well at all......I would rather be plain old hot and bothered than sticky and sweaty...yuck...and besides I will admit I get awfully cranky the more humid it gets and the stickier I get....dry heat for sure...xo

      Delete