Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Organized Chef Or Messy Cook....


Bonsoir Home, Love And Life friends....well as promised I'm back with that Mixed Berry and White Choc Chip Muffin recipe for you.......But first I wanted to ask you, are you an organized chef or a messy cook..? I would have to class myself as a messy cook unfortunately....it doesn't matter how organized I try to be before I start cooking I always end up in a mess....I think too half the time when I cook it's a spur of the moment decision.....I don't plan ahead of time when I'll bake because then if I don't get it done I feel bad so I prefer to bake when I have a spare minute and the moment gets me. Admittedly not only is the kitchen in a state when I'm finished, though I am now getting myself into the habit of cleaning as I go, but I end up covered in all sorts too....namely flour and I always seem to cook when I'm wearing something black....so we all know what happens when flour hits black pants/tops don't we......yep they turn grey. It doesn't really bother me any more because I've been this way for years and even though I own an apron I always forget to put it on until I'm halfway through and by then there's no point hehehe..
So here is the recipe and again it's a very easy recipe to follow....
Ingredients
2 cups plain flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup white choc-bits
1 cup buttermilk or milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g butter, melted, cooled slightly
1 cup Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
Instructions
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12 hole x 1/2-cup capacity muffin pan or line with patty cases.
Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and choc-bits.
Whisk buttermilk or milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter in a large jug until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, stir mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Gently swirl through frozen Mixed Berries (do not over-mix).
Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Stand in pans for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Lightly dust with icing sugar if desired.
My Tip: To make the muffins an even sweeter treat I have mixed some cream cheese with icing sugar and have dolloped it on top of the muffins.....when the muffins are warmed the cream cheese melts and just makes it even more delish..
So once again I hope you enjoy the recipe and hope to hear how you all go with it....for all those out there who are gluten or wheat intolerant all my recipes can be made with gluten free flour or spelt flour as this is what I use....just replace what's listed for your preferred flour.....Bonn Appetite....xo
P.s tomorrow I'll be back to show you and share with you our home made pizza's we did for dinner tonight.....I feel as if this is becoming a cooking blog but don't worry there will be some whitewashing soon.....I've just been in a major baking mood and thought I'd share......xo

No comments:

Post a Comment