Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Best Parts of Life

Have you ever had a week where people really know how to get on your nerves?? Well I have over the last couple of weeks and I find it makes me frustrated, grumpy and cynical, so I've decided to counteract those feeling by reflecting on the positives in my life of what and who make me happy.

  • Of course first is Chris, I could not have asked for a better husband and the fact he's quitting smoking just makes me smile even more, I'm so proud of him. It still feels surreal at times that I've married my high school sweetheart, how lucky am I to have found him again after so much time had gone by. So happy.
  • My kids, all five of them. James, Luke and Lauren, all grown up now and I can't believe it, especially proud of Lauren or Lol as we call her. She's all but 16yrs old and moved out of home back to the city six months ago now and is standing on her own two feet, paying her own way and working her butt off. Keep going strong Lol. Then there's Bec and Eva, two girls I couldn't imagine not having in my life now. With Bec I feel like I'm raising Lol all over again and with Eva, well she's definitely her own person, stubborn, strong willed, temperamental but despite this she is bright, smart, amazingly good at craft for her age and funny, she has the loudest cackle I've ever heard. You just can't help but laugh with her when she starts.
  • Music! I could not live my life without music. Get rid of the t.v, turn off all the computers but don't ever take away the music. Music is in my soul and my blood, I'm not quite sure how it got there or from who because no one in my family really plays an instrument or anything but I absolutely love music. All sorts of music too not just a couple of genres but a whole bunch of genres. 
  • Being outside in the garden. Some days it takes more motivation than others but once I'm out there and the sun is on me I feel great and then of course I feel even better when I stand back and take a look at my hard work and what I've accomplished. I can get lost in my own thoughts when I'm gardening and forget everything else going on around me, I feel at peace then.
  • And of course having people in my life who I love and who love me, respect me and encourage me in all areas of my life. I decided a long time ago to be as positive as I can be as I believe in the old philosophy of you get back what you put out there. It's a bit like the bible scripture from Galations 6:7 'whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.' So put out into the universe love and appreciation and sit back and watch what comes to you! 
These are just a few things I thought I'd share that I consider to be the best parts of my life and I'm sure there will be many more to come in the years ahead. So take a moment to sit and think, what do you consider to be the best parts of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment